You Don’t Need to be a Boy to Play Football


So, I was watching this sports show on Astro the other day and they showed this one Malaysian futsal championship 2011 for both boys and girls. And I gotta admit that were pretty good but the problem that I faced while watching the highlights was that I can’t differentiate them.

I could not differentiate which teams were the girls’. =.=’


I really don’t get it. Why do you have to look like a guy to play like one? It doesn’t make sense at all! Plus, you don't need to look like Messi to also get FIFA Player of the Year 2011. =)


FIFA Player of the Year 2011, Homare Sawa and Lionel Messi.

Of course there is nothing wrong with having short hair. And you can totally still look like a girl.


And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a long hair looking like a normal girl. Or if you’re a Muslimah, there’s no harm on playing futsal while wearing hijab. My friends and I have been doing that and is still doing it.

Exhibit A, world champions for  FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011, Japan. Well, most of them look still very much like a girl. Hmm.

Exhibit B, since they’re world champions, it’s so obvious that they’re amazing at playing football.


Plus, in the religion of Islam, isn’t there this one hadith which states that it’s haram to wear any types of clothing which would cause other people to confuse you as the opposite sex? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

And another thing, when it comes to football and girls, the typical Malaysians would always say to me:

“Ish, buat apa dok main bola, macam laki-laki.”

“Hang tu perempuan, sedaq sikit, nanti orang ingat hang laki.”

“Tak takut ka nanti orang laki tak suka kat hang?”

What the TOOOOOOOT? Like C’MON! Playing or being a fan of the game would not transform you into becoming a boy kayy. *Slaps head*

You tell me, while it’s okay to play hockey, netball and handball, why is it not okay for girls to play football? You still run around the field, chasing the one same ball but rather than using your hands or hitting it with a stick, you use your legs. *Squints*

So, Malaysians (the stereotype ones), please stop being such a stereotype! There’s nothing wrong with girls playing or even watching the game, okay?

And let’s not even go to girls playing rugby. That’s way off for many Malaysians to accept that still. Since I’m the little rebel, I’m still gonna play both football and touch rugby regardless of what people are going to say and have said to me.

Feminist much? Nahh, just being an outspoken athlete and a football/rugby fan. =)

1 comment:

  1. Yup...go girl. As long as you know your aurat..go ahead and enjoy life accordingly as Muslimah. I'll support you in every little way that I can!

    Penang State Softball Player,
    Ibu

    p/s I used to play football and was chosen to attend selection for Penang Team but gave up becoz too many girls not only look but acted as if they were boys! Fewhh..boooorriiingggg!!

    ReplyDelete