AUK to WEL

This was when the nightmare started.

Apparently in NZ, you would have to go through another x-rays and dogs (yes, they have dogs sniffing around people’s bag just to find drugs and etc.) and real people asking you to open up your bag. And owh, before you land, you’ll be given a small paper where you have to sign it to indicate whether you bring the illegal food or stuffs or not. Apparently, none of us really REALLY read the paper so we missed out one tiny little detail where it stated that honey is forbidden to be brought in.

Back at the Malaysian Golden Lounge, apparently my mum asked me to take a bottle of hardly of 100 ml of honey and put it in my bag since hers was congested with her other stuffs. She asked me to do so because she thought she would have some in the flight later. So when we were all so bloated during flying, both my mum and I had totally forgotten about that small bloody bottle when we landed.

So, even after we had our box of food checked manually, they found that jar in my bag and apparently we were brought aside to be fined with $400. Yes, four hundred dollars which is equivalent to almost RM 932!! Even after begging, they still issued a summon on that bloody jar. I had to write down an apology letter, (which my mum helped coz she felt a little guilty about it =S) to the government of NZ about what happened and hope that they won’t charge me and it was totally 100% of recklessness and nothing to jeopardize NZ honey-making industry. Apparently, it seemed that honey that was brought from overseas might contain some kind of germs or some sort of virus that could be contages to the honey in NZ, thus, collapsing the industry. I cross my heart, really, I blame it all on my short term memory loss.

So, for those who wanna come down and visit me soon, please make sure that you DO NOT bring these items along or you can kiss goodbye to your precious RM 932:

  • -        HONEY
  • -        Boots or shoes filthed with soil
  • -        Dairy products
  • -        Any sort of beefs (Rendang or even raw =S)
  • -        Barleys, wheat and fish (If I’m not mistaken)
  • -        Wood (Hand crafted idol or clock or table and etc.)


So, that kinda spoilt everyone’s mood but Alhamdulillah once we stepped out from the airport, the scenery and the strong cold wind swept our un-awesome tragedy away from our minds. =) 

0 comments: